What are 'Relationship killers'?
These are subtle things that slowly destroy a relationship or bond. Unlike deal breakers, they are not always obvious but they gradually slip into a relationship and can break the bond between a couple. As you read this post, you might be able to relate to a few things so, I am not just going to stop at pointing them out but I am also going to write about some tips on how to deal with them.
- Be intentional about communicating effectively.
- Check with your partner If he/she understands what you have said.
- As the receiver, always clarify when you are not sure, it is a big part of decoding the message.
- Call or meet face to face to have those important conversations.
- Just talk about it and ask if you need extra information about a situation.
- Keep an open mind
- Remember that no one is perfect, including yourself, so you both can upset each other.
- Put yourself in the shoes of the person that hurt you, how would you want to be treated?
- Pause and talk about it when you are calm and have had some time to think about what you want to say.
- Pray for the grace to forgive immediately (because it really be hard sometimes)!
I guess I kinda gave the tips here lol.
- Celebrate the small and big wins with your partner.
- Encourage your partner and cheer them on when things don't go according to plan .
- Always listen and give genuine feedback.
- Check on your partner without him/her bringing up the topic first.
So these are the top 5 relationship killers in my opinion but I know there are so many others. So if you know anymore, leave a comment and let's discuss!
PS. Subscribe to Dating with godliness channel on Youtube - Dating with Godliness.